Thursday 14 February 2013

The One With Reviewapalooza, Valentine's Day and the Flu

Dear friends,

I feel like death warmed up. Scrap that, I'm in Canada, the most ridiculously cold country on planet Earth. So I feel like death that has been thawed and re-frozen. I am afflicted with some sort of hybrid flu and would quite like to make like Sleeping Beauty and go on an extended nap. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to do so. Thus, it's the night before my midterm, the night before an extensive week of foreign travelling, and I'm shivering and sweating and downing Tylenol and every part of my body aches. On the plus side, I did get a lovely email from my professor in which he went all parental on me. It made me cry in the middle of the library and people stared. At least, they were either staring at me crying or at me snotting all over the place.
Look how adorable my prof is!
What a way to spend Valentine's Day eh? I did get a present though, from the one and only Gabby who bought me peach sweets. She knows the way to my heart. We also ate ice cream, justifying it by pointing out that I am sick and have a fever, and therefore, I should eat ice cream for medical reasons.

So, tomorrow is my first midterm. It's meant to test my knowledge of aboriginal religion in Canada, the Grand Derangement and the Canada Fire. In reality, it will test my ability to blag. In first year, I calmed all assignment and exam related nerves by reminding myself that I only needed to pass the year, I only needed 40%. This year, I'm like: dude, this whole year is a 1/7 of my entire degree, chill. So my midterm tomorrow is 20% of a module which is 1/8 of 1/14 of my whole degree. I can't do the maths to work out how much it contributes overall, but I think I can afford to be sick and collapse in a congested heap in the exam room.

On the plus side, the midterm did mean Anderson's special midterm review class happened this week, or as she called it, Reviewapalooza. Here's her exam advice:

  1. No chicken scratches, be legible, I'm not going to read an exam that looks like two cocks have done the nasty over it. 
  2. Hey if you screw up, I like a laugh. 
  3. No leaving in the first hour, there's nothing more distracting than trying to write an exam when it sounds like there are Tom cats mating. 
Wish me luck. Wish me health! 

No comments:

Post a Comment