Saturday 26 May 2012

The One Where I Get My Arse In Gear

Exeter is experiencing a heatwave; I am experiencing sunburn. Whilst I do still look like the identical twin of Frosty the Snowman, the top of my back seems to be concrete evidence for an evolutionary link between humans and lobsters. Right now, it's so hot and I'm so grumpy that I cannot wait for those freezing sub-zero Ottawa temperatures.

(I'm going to look back on this post in November and rue the day).

Anyway, I need to get my arse in gear pretty swift-like, so it's time for a to-do list of epic proportions.

1) Apply for study permit.
2) Get travel insurance.
3) Start looking/applying for accomodation.
4) Book flights.
5) Apply for Ottawa's buddy scheme (vom, why use the word 'buddy' when the English language contains the word 'mentoring'?).
6) Apply for student finance, even though even attempting to do so is like walking straight into hell. Yes, SLC, you do stand for Satan/Lucifer Cretins.
7) Sort out bank stuff - the very idea makes me break out into a cold sweat.
8) Once insurance is sorted, fill out the form to prove it and send to the Exeter International Office.
9) Get Canadian money.
10) Find out what Exeter work I have to do during my year abroad.
11) Make photocopies of everything, esp. passport, birth certificate.
12) Fill out the thing on MyExeter which says in big, bold letters, IF YOU ARE GOING TO ON A YEAR AWAY FROM EXETER, FILL THIS IN.
13) Research Ottawa.
14) Contact some Ottawa churches.

Flip, that's rather a lot, isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment