Sunday 5 May 2013

The One Where It's Time To Say Goodbye

This post comes to you from Ottawa's airport; it's my final post from Canada. The third year abroad adventure has actually come to an end and to say I'm devastated is a serious understatement. But, what a wonderful final day in this crazy beautiful life-changing city.
 
 
It was my absolute joy to be able to go to All Nations for one final time, to say goodbye to the special people who have shown me such unconditional love over the past year and who I will get to spend eternity with. There's no such thing as goodbye with Christians, it's always just, 'until we meet again!' It was great to be prayed for by Hazel and Joanna, and I felt a real sense of commissioning for the next season of my life.
 
 
And then I spent my afternoon doing what you should do on a plus 30 afternoon in Ottawa: grab a beaver tail, grab a spot in the park and gaze up at Parliament.
 
And whilst I did just cry at my landlord and in the taxi and at the check-in desk and in the duty free shop, I think that's just my impatient heart.
 
Ottawa, it's not goodbye, it's just 'until we meet again!'
 


3 comments:

  1. Hey Hannah!
    I've been stalking your blog for a while now, it's soo goood! I'm starting my year abroad in Ottawa this September and was wondering if you could assist me in my accommodation search at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      I'm so glad my blog has been of use to someone! Gosh, trying to find accomodation was the most stressful thing ever. My advice is to look at the uOttawa off-campus housing billboard first and make loads of enquiries. Fire off hundreds of emails and maybe be prepared to phone because the Canadians aren't the hugest fans of replying to emails.

      Otherwise, on the international students section of the uOttawa website there is a link to their Facebook group for international students. Join that group because people post ads for taking over their apartments or through that you can form an international house where the university has a load of houses they give out to international students. Good luck!

      If you ever have any other questions then please let me know!

      Delete
    2. I replied this about a week ago, not sure why it doesn't seem to have gone through :(.

      Anyway, I purchased a ticket tonight. I really am going.
      I have found a few properties on the housing billboard, thank you! Did you get your property while you were here or did you wait until you got there? Thanks x

      Delete