Thursday 21 March 2013

The One With The First Day Of Spring

Yesterday was the first day of Spring - shame no-one told Canada! I'm striding home after class, gazing absentmindedly at the twinkling above me and failing to realise the twinkling below me. The twinkling of frost resting on black ice. Before I know it, I'm arse-back-wrists-head flat on the floor and forced into an upward gaze. I went the entire winter without a fall and what happens of the first day of spring? I fall and dislocate my thumb. I believe there's a word for that: irony.
Competition of the year!

Anyway, my creative writing class are utter utter babes! I asked them to sign my flag (not a euphemism, go bleach your mind), and they wrote the most adorable things. And witty things. Apparently I'm the second best thing to come out of Britain since Canada. Also, Simone wrote a story about us and it is hilarious! Although she has me saying 'God save the Queen' which I never say at all...

So if you need me, I'm just sitting here, weeping with joy over the touching things people have written, slightly high on painkillers.
And I didn't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment