Thursday 11 October 2012

The One With Nine Pictures

Remember the wonder that is thirdyearabroad.com? Well, I've written a wee post for them, pithily titles Nine pictures to sum up one month of my Year Abroad in Canada! Why didn't I call it Month One of my Year Abroad in Pictures?

Anyway, please do give it a read if you get the chance!

Here are said nine images to give you a tantalising taste to click t'internet link!



With thanks to the photographers (from top to bottom): Gabby Sloss; Georg Meier; Anon.; Joanna Kreuzer; Gabby Sloss; Moi; Lydia Burke; Moi; Mel Cosgrove.

In other news:
  • Prof. Anderson, my favourite professor in the whole wide world (after Gorringe, obvs), did an impression of Arnold Schwarzenegger - it was beautiful.
  • My exam timetable has been released. UOTTAWA: SUNDAY MORNING EXAMS ARE NOT COOL.
  • I am facing extortionate library fines because Canadians write the date beginning with the year; so what I thought was a due date of the 12th, was referring to the year. It doesn't even make any sense to say the year first.
  • Two midterms took place on Wednesday. One of them was open book - so I had all my notes and both of the text books. And this was the first question:
    • Did the First Nations people
      • A) Colonise the Europeans?
      • B) Get on well with the Europeans?
      • C) Get colonised by the Europeans?
If I've done badly at that midterm, commit me.
  • In Religion and Culture, a girl asked of our Harvard educated professor, "Is Moses and Mohammed the same person?" Wrong wrong wrong on so many levels. This is university. University. Higher education. You shouldn't be allowed to go higher if you can't even understand the lower. I mean, seriously? What level of religious illiteracy is brewing in Canada for such an ignorant question to be posed by a university student?
I'm loving this and I'm loving the courses and the university.

Two midterms down, two to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment