Friday 18 January 2013

The One With Nose Hair

Random notes in Jock Turcot goading me.
It's cold. Really cold. Whilst my Facebook and Twitter feeds are full of British wimps whinging about the two centimetres on snow and pathetic -5 and how they can't cope, I am here in a climate so cold that every breath I take is like snorting a razor blade. But yesterday, something especially curious began. I was walking to uni, and suddenly became aware that I needed a tissue. Paranoia of potential snot explosions kept increasing, but upon reaching campus and tissues, there was no feeling of imminent grossness. The next time I stepped outside, I once again became aware that there was something in my nose, and ended up walking along trying to discretely cover my nose with my hand. Well, this is a symptom of the Canadian winter: freezing nose hair. It's the most disconcerting and unnerving thing to have and it feels like there's an obses woodlouse crawling in my nose every time I go outside.

What is this weather?

Who knew winter could be so cruel?

Why do freezing nose hairs feel so grim?

When is this going to end?

No comments:

Post a Comment