Friday 25 January 2013

The One With Post-Colonial Banter

Christina: Is Shakespeare British?

Me: Hannah, educating the colonies since 2012.

Christina: Jerk! I totally knew he was British. That's why I asked you! To make sure you knew your own darn history.

Me: At least we Brits have history. You Canadians and your recent past.

Christina: Yeah, we're young and fresh. Not like you old British farts.

Me: Sorry, whose queen is that on your money?

Christina: Like I said, old British fart.

Me: Colony-dweller say whut?

Christina: I believe it's 'what.' Jeeze, for a person who claims to know 'proper English' you sure do suck at spelling!

Me: I was using pidgin English so you'd understand seeing as that's what you speak.

Christina: Says the girl taking pictures of Justin Bieber.

Me: I'm just trying to engage with you weird Americans. Sorry, Canadians.

Christina: Why? We were hoping you'd just quite and leave our country.

Me: The British Empire will never quit.

Christina: Really? Cuz from where I'm standing, you already did.

Me: WE OWN YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment