Saturday 12 January 2013

The One That Is Utterly Self-Indulgant

Fall semester grades are in...enjoying the unanimous As, but miffed about the A- which doesn't quite sit comfortably in my anal fear of failure. Can't complain though when it comes to the A+ for Jewish Canadian Writers, coming top of the class and getting a book prize for the result! Seymour Mayne being brilliant as ever.


A-, A+, A, A+
If it's any consolation, I feel really stressed and I've only had one week back of classes. Plus, I'm in Canada. I wasn't at all stressed last semester, but this one, I'm just really feeling the pressure. For some reason my course selection is just stressing me out big time and weighing heavily on my anxious anal-ness. Is anality a word? I might make it a word if not. Just call me Shakespeare. You know that courage quest that this third year abroad thing is? Well, I'm slightly worried that I may have exhausted my courage supplies last semester. History of Religion is with the same prof who gave me the A and one the A+s and yet I'm approaching her class with trepidation. Similarly, I have two classes this semester with the prof who gave me the other A+ and yet I'm bricking it. Admittedly though, one of those aforementioned classes is creative writing, so no Hermion Granger-esque books and cleverness, just exposure. Did someone hear a fearful squeak? And I have A- prof for another class, but why am I worried?

I refuse to countenance my anxiety as having a place in Canada. I absolutely refuse. So I tell thee, Anxiety to bog off whilst I too-bog with squitty anxiety...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment