Tuesday 30 April 2013

The One With My True Love

This is an announcement to all my friends, family and internet stalkers:

I'm in love; his name is Zak and he runs a diner in Ottawa's Byward Market and we had to say goodbye last night. Yes, it's happened. I just had my final ever rendezvous with Zak's Diner. It was emotional to say the least. But it was a really special occasion; there were milkshakes involved and deep fried mars bars and the waitor kindly put sparklers in mine and Christina's dessert depsite the fact it wasn't either of our birthdays AND he kept putting fistfuls of delightful bubble gum on our table.

Oh Zak! It was a love affair of epic proportions.

In other news, a heatwave hit Ottawa on Sunday which required me having to lie down by the canal and sunbathe. Then cold weather returned on Monday so I took a open top bus tour around Ottawa and Gatineau. I saw Mounties and the Queen's toilet and just generally got very cold. I say cold, it was 14 degrees, which is positively tropical by Ottawa's standards.

Saying goodbye is hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment